Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Welcome to the Neighborhood

I have spent the majority of my LA years living off of La Brea (seriously, I have just moved up and down this street) because I love it.  It's perfectly central to the cheap and not-so-cheap nail shops, the fine dining and the hole-in-the-wall spots, the Beverly Center and boutique stores, the Westside and Downtown, Hollywood Hills and Ladera. 

So, with the passing of time (and as I have watched traffic grow on this street), I have enjoyed welcoming the new joints to the neighborhood (Wirsthaus), saying goodbye to the ones that did not make it despite my support (Tar Pit and Campanile), and frequenting the standbys (Roscoes).

Over the last few months, it seems that there are even more spots opening up, Sycamore Kitchen being one that I have now visited a couple of times for breakfast.  The dishes have been hit (cinnamon brioche French toast) or miss (smoked salmon deviled eggs), but the experience has always been pleasant.








Additional benefit of living off La Brea - great street art.  Isabel Marant shoesClub Monaco Diana leggingsRebel Yell teeMadewell BlazerTory Burch sunglasses (old).

No comments:

Post a Comment