Saturday, May 10, 2014

Londontown

After deciding to leave SF, it was time to shake things up.  The question was how.  I had no answers so I figured what better place to think than my sister's new, super modern flat in London!

Having only been to London once, I did not leave loving London.  It was NYE 2012 and on a whim, I thought London would be the perfect place to ring in the new year.  As a Brit recently pointed out to me on this trip, NYE in any large city - on a whim (i.e., without plans) - is likely to be, at worst, disastrous and at best, a disappointment.  Touche. That being said, I still found the food bland, the weather too dreary and the overall feel of the city, lacking.

This time around, however, London was much kinder to me - and to top it off, my BFF from DC met me there. What made it better this go around:

Gorgeous weather (for London, at least).



My sister's amazing flat in Battersea.



My sister.


The amazing view of the Thames from her flat, during the day...



...and especially, at night. (#nofilter.)



Late night chats with the BFF and excessive amounts of wine.




No comments:

Post a Comment