Friday, September 30, 2016

Venezia

First destination: Venice for 2 days.

I had heard mixed reviews about Venice but it turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip. Before 8am and after 9pm, crowds are fewer and one can actually appreciate its magnificence.

A few of my favorite things.  Water taxis and traveling by canals.  The architecture.  The ornate cafes.  The twists and turns in the roads, after which you never know if you will end up in a piazza, an alley, or a restaurant.  Long meals ending in espresso and after-dinner drinks (limoncello, grappa, etc.).  Gelato stands everywhere or better yet, chocolate dipped Popsicles.  The sunset.  Our adorable hotel (highly recommend)!

Of all the cities I visited, this is the one I would return to for a long weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment