Monday, January 9, 2017

Firenze

Oh, Florence. Firenze. It is so many things for so many people.  

For me, it was the place for sandwiches. Let me explain. I do not like sandwiches. Yes, I know. I'm a terrible person. We can't be friends. BUT, I liked sandwiches in Florence. So, for me, Florence will be the place I discovered a love for sandwiches (see SanwiChic and All' Antico Vinaio).  

Of course, my favorites - the sandwiches and Michelangelo's David - are the only things I did not capture with my camera (the latter due to David's magnificent size).  

Foods I did capture:


Wood fire pizzas from Gusta Pizza.


Italian tripe.


Buffalo mozzarella and prosciutto.


Florentine steak. 

In addition to eating our way through the city, the sights were of course a great backdrop.  Some highlights:



Our walk to town.


Boboli Gardens.


Ponte Vecchio.


Our hotel rooftop view.


Biking through Tuscany wine country.


The Florence Cathedral.


La Menagere, a beautiful restaurant/store/flower shop, which provided the perfect long escape from the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment