Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lounging in LaLa Land

Over the past decade, I have consistently threatened to move to NY (welcoming the idea of being surrounded by other dry, cynical city lovers).  More recently, however, my bluff has been called on a couple of fronts - from a job offer in New York that I turned down to a New Yorker friend (by way of New Jersey - think Justice Alito, not Jersey Shore) simply calling me out.  It is on these occasions that I recognize that my love/hate relationship with LA leans more toward love - especially when it is 85 degrees in March. 

Notable reasons for loving/hating LA this past weekend:


Going to my favorite bakery Susina (where I can park directly out front in between two Range Rovers).

Brunching at Kokomo (where I had a decent tofu scramble, conspicuously absent from NY brunch menus, with a large chai served by a struggling actor, and where they film the current 90210).  Tory Burch sunglasses, James Perse dress, Tory Burch necklace, Jennifer Zeuner necklace, Green Malachite bracelet with rough diamond by Kimora Lee Simmons in support of the Diamond Empowerment Fund. 



Attending an amazing 30th birthday dinner at BLT Steak (and listening to people name drop).  French Connection dress, Aqua blazer, Michael Kors black pumps, Be&D bag.


Enjoying the famous "Popovers" - soft, fluffly, delicious bread - at BLT Steak (and immediately feeling guilty for doing so).

No comments:

Post a Comment