Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lunch in Paris: A Different Love Story, Without Recipes

The aptly named book, Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes, came to mind as I continued wandering and eating through Paris. Not because I fell in love with a handsome stranger, or because I was consumed by divine french food, but because Paris - as a whole - was love at first sight.  Without knowing all of its substance, I was infatuated with the city's charm, cafes, coffee, greenery, density, and history.  I loved it all and immediately, despite the fact that I'm not a smoker, savory breakfasts do not exist (no egg white omelette...?), and I cannot actually live off cheese and bread. After all, it just "felt right."  If that's not love at first sight, I don't know what is.

Highlights from another day in Paris:  Patronize a much touted bakery, Boulangerie Poilane, for its croissants, pain au chocolat, raisin bread, and apple tarts (the croissant ended up being the highlight of several days).  Enjoy with cafe creme and jam next door, at La Cuisine de Bar (a great place to plan the day).



Meet a friend in the elite Champs-Elysee area for a worthy climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe.



Admire some of the best views in Paris.



Le dejeuner at Laduree in Champs-Elysees.



Continue down the Avenue des Champs-Elysees with pit stops at Balmain...


...and the Louis Vuitton flagship store with rooftop art exhibit (only a photo of the entrance was allowed after riding up in a pitch black elevator allowed).



No comments:

Post a Comment